For a top of the line, side-by-side refrigerator and freezer combo thats just right for your new dream kitchen, take a look at the Sub-Zero BI-48S Side-By-Side Refrigerator/Freezer. In this review we outline some of the features, pricing, and warranty info of the BI-48S.
Sub-Zero BI-48S Side-by-Side Refrigerator/Freezer Features
With 18.8 cubic feet of refrigerator capacity and 9.5 cubic feet of freezer capacity, the Sub-Zero BI-48S stands at 84 inches tall, 48 inches wide, and 24 inches deep. It weighs in at 630 pounds. Here are some of its other features:
- Dual refrigeration system ensures freshness.
- An air purification system that eliminates odors,bacteria, viruses and even ethylene gas.
- Water filtration.
- An illuminated control panel.
- Brilliant, balanced interior lighting, including in the storage drawers.
- Dairy compartment, door shelves, and spill-proof glass shelves that are easy to adjust.
- The crisper and deli drawers are soft-close, and they form an independent low-temperature zone.
- The flip-up grille is easy access.
- Freshness cards let you know the status of your foods.
- The Classic Stainless Steel model has an estimated energy usage of 541 kWh, or about $72 per year
- The Overlay model has an estimated energy usage of 676 kWh, or about $72 per year.
- UL approved in both the US and Canada.
- Star-K Kosher certified for Sabbath and holiday use.
The BI-48SD sports all the above as well as a convenient ice and water dispenser. For something a little smaller check out our review on the BI-42S for a side-by-side model that only spans 42 inches wide. For a step up, look into the Pro 48 Refrigerator/Freezer. The BI-30 and BI-36 models have over-under, all fridge or freezer designs, as well as glass door options. BI stands for Built In, so if you were thinking of going with an Integrated design, try the Sub-Zero 700 club.
Rather than list their prices, Sub-Zero likes to point you to its store locator on its website. Enter your zip code, and they will provide you with your nearest dealer. This may seem inconvenient at first, but this option does give you the chance to go in and check out the BI-48S for yourself. You may also be able to arrange for delivery and installation through your local dealer. But whether you go brick and mortar, or shop online, expect to pay between $8,000 and $11,000 for the Sub-Zero BI-48S/D side-by-side refrigerator/freezer.
Sub-Zero Warranty Information
Sub-Zero offers three warranty coverages for the BI-48S. The Limited Twelve Year Sealed System Warranty, the Full Five Year Sealed System Warranty, and the Full One Year Warranty. All warranties start on the date of original installation.
The Sealed System Warranties only cover components deemed defective due to materials or workmanship in the sealed system. The Sealed System is consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, drier, and all connecting tubing.
The One Year Warranty will cover all parts and labor needed to repair or replace any components deemed defective due to materials or workmanship. Be sure to read all of the warranty information on Sub-Zeros site in order to understand all the exclusions and conditions.
Its hard to beat American Made. Especially when its something as feature rich as the Sub-Zero BI-48S Side-By-Side Refrigerator/Freezer. When only the best is enough, be sure to check out this top of the line solution.