The Jenn-Air JS42PPDUD is a high-end and high-performance refrigerator freezer competing squarely with top-end produces from expensive manufacturers including Thermador, Sub Zero, Viking and Miele.
A 42″ built-in side-by-side refrigerator, this Jenn Air refrigerator has an MSRP of $7200 dollars placing it at a lower price point than some of their competition. With an attractive stainless steel finish, it comes loaded with features. Capacity of this unit is 9.4 cubic feet for the freezer, and 15.9 cu. ft. for the refrigerator.
Included are items such as:
- PUR water filter built in to the removable base grill to save on storage space
- High precision temperature management system with variable speed compressor for maximum efficiency
- Advanced Climate Control technology storage bin for most effective food preservation
- 4 spill-proof glass shelves and 2 crisper drawers ensure the contents are easily and safely organized
- Full sized gallon door bin and 4 full width adjustable door bins maximize the available capactiy in the refrigerator and freezer doors
- Builtin cubed & crushed ice/water dispenser
- Glass touch electronic controls come with an LED display
One unique feature is the QuickMeasure functionality. This allows the user of the fridge to measure out a programmed quantity of water in cups, liters or ounces. This comes in very handy in meal preparation in your kitchen.
This commercial quality refrigerator features large handles, and tough diamond etched grips. While the stainless steel finish is visually very appealing, it does hold fingerprints very easily. This means the occasional wipedown will be needed to keep it clean. Overall this is not much of a negative however.
While the price of seven thousand dollars make its rather expensive, many buyers find the full feature set worth the money. They are a cheaper option than pricey Sub-Zero refrigerators, but cost considerably more than less expensive brands such as Kenmore and Frigidaire refrigerators.