Delfield refrigerators have long been a staple in professional kitchens and commercial food handling companies. But in the home, a Delfield fridge is another story. Before purchasing a commercial refrigerator or cooler for domestic use, take a couple of important tips into mind which will help you decide whether or not a large fridge is perfect for your home.
About the Brand
The Delfield Company makes more than just refrigerators. In fact, this commercial kitchen manufacturer makes all sorts of products for restaurant use. From stainless steel prep tables to cooled food display cases, Delfield is the company that many commercial food companies turn to for their professional equipment. Many homeowners turn to Delfield refrigerators for this very reason. If youve been looking into a commercial grade fridge for your home, Delfield may be a good company to make your selection from.
Fridges for You Home
When choosing a commercial fridge for your home, there are many different considerations to keep in mind. Its important to remember that buying a commercial refrigerator is much different than buying a fridge build for home use. When looking into and purchasing restaurant grade refrigerators remember:
- Size Matters: Commercial fridges are larger, bulkier, and less streamline than some domestic counterparts. These coolers are also less attractive aesthetically, so putting them in the middle of your country kitchen may not be a good choice.
- Noise: A refrigerator for a restaurant doesnt need to be quiet, coolers and fans often much louder than a fridge for home use. So, if you do choose one of these commercial models, make sure that the noise wont drive you crazy.
- Power Consumption versus Storage Space: Are you going to use all of the expansive fridge space? Is this space worth the extra power that the fridge will consume?
- Child Safety: Commercial fridges do not in any way take child safety into consideration, as restaurant kitchens are no place for children. If you have small kids, know that they may be in danger around these large, industrial appliances.
- Bonus Features: You wont have access to nifty drawers, door shelves, and ice and water dispensers with a commercial fridge. If these aspects are important to you, consider purchasing a domestic fridge.
Getting the Most Out of Your Commercial Fridge
So how do you know if a commercial fridge is right for you home? For some people, a commercial fridge is a perfect solution for a food storage problem. For others, a commercial fridge is a waste of space, energy, and cooler potential. One of these industrial, nonsense-free cooler models might be an option for you if:
- Your fridge is always full: If you have a large family and a family fridge isnt enough, consider investing in a commercial restaurant fridge.
- You need to freeze bulk: Dont forget that Delfield makes large, restaurant freezers that are perfect for bulk meats such as wild came and beef.
- Home businesses: Starting a business at home? Delfield fridges pass most food handling inspections.
A Commercial Fridge for Home Use
So, are Delfield refrigerators right for you home and needs? Consider purchasing a commercial fridge if you will be able to utilize the space and energy. Realize that larger fridges will be noisier and a little harder on the eyes. But for those who need to store a lot of food, these coolers are almost a must. If you dont have a pressing need for a large, restaurant grade fridge, consider sticking with a roomier home model of appliance.